Sep 1, 2010

Swype for Symbian

Swype for SymbianTouted to be the next best input method (which I'm not entirely convinced yet) finally comes to Symbian S60 platform. In case you are still wondering what swype is? then please visit the swype website. It's available via Nokia betalabs. Also it's available only for Symbian S60 5th edition handsets (obviously!). I have installed it in a Nokia 5230 and seems to work pretty well. But this app definitely would be easier to use on capacitive touchscreens. I have been using it for quite a while now (30 mins) and it certainly needs some getting used to. Often while typing I got confused what I was typing especially for bigger words since I kept forgetting the key positions. Other than that it was fast. But I still can't think of it being better than the T9 dictionary mode from the old Nokia or the normal qwerty keyboard. Also this is much better to use in portrait mode than in landscape mode.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is best suited for Nokia 5800 xpress music,thanks for the info..

    ReplyDelete