Apr 13, 2010

Tomoyasu Hotei

Every now in a while I try listening to some new artists. Some of them are suggested by friends, others by last.fm (a great way to find out new artists) or youtube. The artist I have been listening to for the past one week is Tomoyasu Hotei. It's not ottai its hotei, I know if he were born in Tamilnadu with that name he would've been kalachified(kalachify - to make fun of) like hell. But his style of music is on a entirely different level. So far if someone were to ask me to name a few guitarist, I would have happily named the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Robert Fripp, Tom Morello. But now I would definitely include Tomoyasu Hotei's name in that list.

I listened to one of his song long time ago in one of my favourite movie Kill Bill. But I never knew who the musician was then. After a long time when I heard it again, I definitely wanted to know as to whose work it was. And now I know. Apparently Tomoyasu Hotei is a famous actor as well, has acted as villain in many Japanese movies and TV shows. It's hard find his albums. So been listening to all the live videos uploaded in youtube. Try listening to this song Battle without Honor or Humanity, thats the song which comes in Kill Bill. If you know any artists similar to Tomoyasu Hotei, tell me :).

No comments:

Post a Comment