Aug 31, 2009

Coffee Central

Chocolate Sundae at Coffee Central
Icecream Delight :), originally uploaded by Rakesh Ashok.

Once upon a time we used to hang out in Spencer Plaza. That was when I was in my college first year. Then later on I started hanging out at my friend's place. It was a rented room and also an adda for all of his friends including me. Until then I had never been in a coffee shop. Somewhere around my third year or second I don't remember very well. But sometime during that period was when I first entered a coffee shop with my friends. But I didn't like them coffee shops. I thought coffee shops are a little too much, since their charges used to be really high and they still are. So us friends often stick to roadshide tea shops.

But these days I visit a coffee shop roughly once in three weeks. Well till now its been Cafe Coffee Day. But now coffee shops are mushrooming too fast to even keep track especially the Cafe Coffee Day and Barista chain. Recently my friend discovered a new place in T Nagar called the Coffee Central. Boy do I love that place. This place has the similar look and feel of any other Coffee shops from the outside. Enter the place and you will be surprised at the interiors. They have this sexy wallpaper at one corner of the wall. They have an antique clock hanging from the ceiling. Chandelier & other lighting fixtures. The interior decorator sure has done some magic in this place. This place other than usual Coffee and Food also gives you games to play or books to read. So this is my current hangout for now. But the only problem is that its a very small place. So you may not find a seat at all times. Other than that it ROCKS. :)

The above picture was shot in Coffee Central against that beautiful background which I talked about. Its a Chocolate Sundae BTW. The lighting for this shot was entirely from my flash fired straight up at the white ceiling. :)

Address

Coffee Central
No. 11, Dr. B Narasimhan Road (Old North Boag Road), Off G N Chetty Road, T.Nagar
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600034 - India
+914428152045
+91449840111298
Location in Google Maps

2 comments:

  1. hi, i have gone through your blog its so fantastic work you have done their. i would like to have more information from you...thanks for doing the great job..cheerup!

    Lavazza Coffee Capsule

    ReplyDelete