Feb 1, 2009

Jerkha may sue google

A few days back I was watching this movie called "Mumbai Meri Jaan". A part of this movie shows about insensitive behaviour of the media (read sensationalism). Buts that's precisely the behaviour of the media people in certain matter. Now for the past few days I have been following the Kunte Vs Jerkha Wutt affair on my google reader. The whole thing is outrageous, just to think that having an opinion can get anyone served with a legal notice is well too much. I am still under the impression that the Freedom of speech & expression is a right I can still exercise. May be now onwards I will consult my family lawyer before I post anything in my blog.

You can still read the original post Shoddy Journalism by Kunte thanks to google cache. So Google might face the wrath of Jerkha Wutt next. One of the two name has been changed to protect the identity of the individual involved in this scandalous affair.

Related articles from the blogs near you.
Junk Journalism
POV - Losing the Plot
Desi Pundit - Blogger Silenced
A Fan Letter
Blogbharti - Listen to the defiance
Vimoh - Open letter to NDTV
When free speech bears a price tag
Assault on free speech
On Bloggers, Slander, Freedom of Expression and other things…
NDTV - Self-righteous, ill-advised or both?

No comments:

Post a Comment