Dec 12, 2008

Chettinad House

Chettinad House
Chettinad House, originally uploaded by Rakesh Ashok.

This is the place where Ramanathan & Soundaravalli's (my best friend's) reception procession started from. Its a really old Chettinad house. Well the picture may look bleak. But the house is in much better condition. Its amazing to know that this building is nearly a century old. Though right now its a bit dusty. But if maintained properly this could become a palace. There are many such houses in Karaikudi. Well looks like the Chettiyars truly knew how to live life in style. Wish I had a place like this in my name. :D

Well the photo was post processed to remove most of the colours specially the reds because it was too bright and I wanted a old house. So I just dulled the colour to make it look old. I also added a bit a of noise which is what you see as line patterns in the image. Hope you like it.

2 comments:

  1. wowwwwwww!!!it looks awesome..pirivom sandhipom movie also showed a beautiful chettinad house...gr8!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayathri: Hey thanks a lot. I haven't seen that movie. Will try to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete