Dec 21, 2007

Truly Kontagious

Kontagious band performing live in Landmark Chennai
Band Kontagious playing live at Landmark Spencers, Chennai

Kontagious Worship ExpressionsWell for the first time in my life I was singing christmas carols that too in the public at the top of my voice, all thanks to the band Kontagious. As on date the only christmas carol I knew was jingle bells even that I haven't sung fully so far. Today after a boring day at work headed to spencer for a lazy window shopping session plus my regular stroll in Landmark. After roaming for about 15 mins I heard them make an announcement didn't hear it properly thought some writer must be coming or some such stuff. After a while I heard someone playing guitar and to surprise see that there were a bunch of people preparing for a concert of some sort in Landmark. Thank god I finally get to hear a band live! Then the lead singer of the band comes up and says we are going to sing christmas carols. The only thing I know about carols is that it is usually sung by choirs in a very high pitch through out christmas. Beyond this my knowledge on them is bare minimum.

Know Your NameThen I sit there waiting to hear the band. They started sharply at 6:30pm, then it was roller coaster ride of sorts. The band was truly amazing mixing the carols with a good amount of rock and roll and it was truly rocking. Also their second album is out called 'Know Your Name'. Now that I have heard them live I'm definitely buying the album for sure. If you want to get a taste of the Kontagious then head to the Unwind Center, Adyar on 25th of December on Christmas at 8:00 in the morning :)

Official Site: Kontagious - Worship Expressions

Kontagious band playing live at Landmark Chennai Spencers

11 comments:

  1. jus fuk the above coment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful man.. You guys rock...

    n who is that anonymous c*** with that comment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you a singer? wow! great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember going through the same thing. i did christmas carols at the bombay store when i was at school. they paid me a whopping rs250 for it!

    it was an experience though.

    http://afishcalledveda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rakesh

    Where are u in the poster :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you ever heard about CorporateCreditFunding.Com?
    What do they offer you on this website and what are they? CorporateCreditFunding.Com
    has specialized in helping small business owners and entrepreneurs
    to obtain the capital they need to succeed. Most small businesses fail because
    of cash flow challenges, which can easily be avoided by having the right business
    financing in place before the need arrives! If you are interested in things like
    Unsecured Credit Line, Unsecured
    Credit Lines
    , Easy Process,
    Fast Funding, Excellent
    Service
    , then just go to CorporateCreditFunding.Com
    and check out their site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!

    You have a great blog here ...
    Keep up the good work!



    GBU
    Arti

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came,
    I looked,
    I loved what I saw.
    Keep up the good work.
    P.S. Please drop a comment on my blog.
    Thanks, all welcome
    http://the-don-gangster-greed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too... experienced this live programme. Really awesome. Then I bought a 'know your name' cd. It is really great.

    - Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Joseph: hey that's great. Then I might have seen you, you never know. I also bought the CD. But haven't really heard much of it till now. :(

    ReplyDelete