Jul 22, 2007

I've finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Yay I have successfully completed the seventh and final book in the Harry Potter series. Well I'm not much of a reviewer. But all I can say is that I loved the book, since I have been a great fan right from the first book. But Somewhere in the middle of the book I felt like flinging the book and stop reading. But my desire to see the end of the book kept me reading through. Well I'm not telling anything about the story not to spoil the plot.

Well actually I never had the intention of buying the book in the first place. But the moment I woke up yesterday, I wanted to go and see what kind of crowd comes to buy the book. I got up at 8.30 in the morning and literally ran all the way to landmark. On reaching there however I was let down by the absence of a long queue full of kids, sleepy parents and other harry potter fans. Still I marched in hoping that there might be some crowd inside the bookstore. But even inside I couldn't see much people. But I did take a few pictures here and there. One thing that did get my attention was the two TV cameras inside. They were from two different channels(Headlines Today & NDTV) trying to interview the harry potter fans. While I was there the Headlines Today reporter interviewed two kids. Then I thought I have seen and was about to go through the exit. Just then I asked the person behind the counter whether the discount was there for people who hadn't ordered earlier too? He checked and shook his head in affirmative and I immediately bought the book :). But I couldn't read the book immediately since I had to go for a movie. As for the movie well I will write another post on it....

Stacks of Harry Potter books at Landmark

Harry Potter fan being interviewed

Harry Potter fan being interviewed

8 comments:

  1. Everyone wants harry to survive don't they. Neither can live while the other survives, well the prophecy did come true....in the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 22, 2007

    Hey this is Rashmi and heard that you finished the book. Cool. So how was it? Mail me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @rashmi: well i don't have the full book but i do have the first ten chapters in my mail. i will send it now :) I will send the full book as soon as I get them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 23, 2007

    Hey it is Rashmi again. Thanks you for the mail. Ya it is alright if you give it later. I will finish theses ten first. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh! The slow-mo hunt for the horcruxes was idiotic, wasn't it? But other than that, flawless! I have a brief review on my blog. Loved the book

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi rakesh

    ur blog looks simply aweeeeesome!im am seeing it after a long time(sorry :))u really have the talent for all this!!!!keep going!!!it rocks

    aksh

    ReplyDelete