Jan 27, 2007

God's Own Country - I

Kovalam Beach

Hello people, sorry for not updating the blog for so long a time. Currently I'm in the capital city of Kerala a.k.a God's Own Country, which I'm sure every Indian and many foreigners would be knowing yup, I'm in Trivandrum or Thiruvananthapuram. After a long time I have come on a lets say LONG tour. I will be staying in Trivandrum for the next two months. I'm not sure whether I will get enough time to update my blog during the next months but I will update it whenever I can.

My Journey to Trivandrum

I came to trivandrum on 21st of this month. I came by trivandrum express which starts from Chennai Central at about 4:15pm. Its a lot easier to get tickets in this train since many don't seem to know the existence of this train. This is the first change of plan since i usually come to trivandrum in bus from nagercoil. The journey was fine. except the night time, since I couldn't sleep much. The train starts on time and by 9.30 I'm asleep. Then at about 2.30am bzzzzzzzzzzzz goddamn mosquitoes everywhere, reason I've reached ernakulam which is like the second capital of Kerala. From that time I couldn't sleep much. And finally at around 7.30 in the morning I reach the Trivandrum Station.

Surprises

From the moment I get out of the railway station my mouth falls open, because I'm in mallu land. Everyone around me are talking in malayalam. Though I can pretty well understand the language, I could never speak in it. Don't know what has been stopping me from speaking in malayalam considering the fact that my mom and dad can both speak in malayalam fluently.

Then me and my dad call for an auto. My dad tells the auto driver the place name and guess what the autowallah turns us down, says he can't go to that place. Well for someone coming from Chennai this behaviour is a bit unusual. Then finally me and my dad get the auto. As soon as we both are inside the auto the autowallah starts the meter. Surprise!!! The autowallahs here use the blessed thing called a meter. I've seen these things in Chennai autos which usually adds to the decor of the auto rather than calculating the fare.

Then the auto takes us to the place we want to go. Once again I'm looking at something which is totally weird. All the roads in the city looks like a tail of a giant snake curving up and down throughout the place. At many points the slope is so steep that you might wonder when the auto is going to do a backflip. Most of the times the autowallah drives in first gear, which is not exactly a very fuel consumption friendly nor economical. Yet after getting down the auto the guy accepts the fare as per the meter. MY GOD. This indeed is God's Own Country.

More to come soon...Adhuvarai kaathirikkuga.

10 comments:

  1. firstu!

    yeah kerala is really a beautiful place to go to.. naan Cbe'la irundhutu innum pogala.. poganam oru naaliki! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your stay there rakesh :) have a nice time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey GOD finally in thy land is it??
    Auto meters workin is by itself the strangest thing in chennai..keep writin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opps , i have missed few posts

    WOW!!
    KERALA....
    Thats the place i want to visit real soon..& will too!! :)

    Have a great time pal!

    PS: Blog rolled! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen the new India search engine www.ByIndia.com they added all the cool features of popular products like
    MySpace, YouTube, Ebay, Craigslist, etc. all for free to use and specifically for India. Anyone else try this yet?ByIndia.com First to Blend Search,
    Social Network, Video Sharing and Auctions Into One Seamless Product for Indian Internet Users.

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome to god's own country. i hope u enjoy ur stay there. take care u don't get caught on a 'bandh' day :)). if u r staying for 2 months, then u might encounter quite a few of the. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WAS HOPING TO SEE THE NEW POST...
    :)
    Wake up...Wake up... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i will post soon.....

    just give me two days i will post...
    till then keep visiting

    ReplyDelete
  9. finally u got to see my place huh! where were u staying?? i mean "are" u staying!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to our website for you World of Warcraft Gold,Wow Gold,Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,cheap wow gold,buy cheap wow gold,real wow gold,sell wow gold, ...
    Here wow gold of 1000 gold at $68.99-$80.99 ,World Of Warcraft Gold,buy wow gold,sell world of warcraft gold(wow gold),buy euro gold wow Cheap wow gold,cheapest wow gold store ... buy euro gold wow wow gold--buy cheap wow gold,sell wow gold.welcome to buy cheap wow gold--cheap, easy, wow gold purchasing.World of Warcraft,wow gold Super ...
    We can have your wow gold,buy wow gold,wow gold game,world of warcraft gold, wow Gold Cheap wow, Cheap wow gold,world of warcraft gold deal,Cheap WOW Gold ...

    Welcome to our website for you World of Warcraft Gold,Wow Gold,Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,wow gold,buy cheap wow gold,real wow gold,sell wow gold, ...
    Here wow gold of 1000 gold at $68.99-$80.99,World Of Warcraft Gold,buy wow gold,sell world of warcraft gold(wow gold),buy gold wow lightninghoof instock Cheap wow gold,cheapest wow gold store ...
    wow gold--buy cheap wow gold,sell wow gold.welcome to buy cheap wow gold--cheap, easy, wow gold purchasing.World of Warcraft,wow gold Super ...
    Wow gold- Gold for buy gold wow lightninghoof instock EU-Server: ...wow Gold EU: starting from 84,99?; 3000 WoW Gold EU: starting from 119,99?. wow Gold- Leveling Services: ...
    We can have your wow Gold,buy wow Gold,wow Gold game,wow gold, Cheap wow Gold, Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,world of warcraft gold deal,buy cheap wow gold,Cheap WOW Gold ...

    Here wow Gold of 1000 gold at $68.99-$80.99,World Of Warcraft Gold,buy wow Gold,sell world of warcraft gold(wow gold),Cheap wow gold,cheapest World of Warcraft Gold store

    ReplyDelete